Warning Signs of Stroke
What are the warning signs of stroke?
Learn to recognize a stroke, because time lost is brain lost.
- Sudden weakness or numbness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, very severe headache with no known cause
What to do if you think you are having a stroke
If you experience these warning signs, call 9-1-1 immediately.
Today there are treatments that can reduce the risk of damage from the most common type of stroke, but only if you get help quickly – within 3 hours of your first symptoms.