Recovering At Home (continued)
- Move around more each day. Walk, climb some stairs. Stay active.
- Ask your doctor when you can drive. Do not drive if taking prescription pain medicine.
- Wound Care
- Leave tape/tape strips on until they fall off. If tape strips are still there after two weeks, you can remove them.
- Please follow your surgeon’s instructions regarding showering.
- Unless told otherwise by your doctor, your surgical incision with bandage off may get wet in shower. Pat dry. Do not scratch or pick at the incision. Do not soak in a tub.
Next page: When to Call Your Doctor