When You Are Ready to Leave the Hospital
Modern medicine makes it possible for people to return home faster than ever before. You are ready to be discharged from the hospital when:
- Your discharge and home care plan is in place.
- You are able to walk about.
- You are able to drink some fluids to the level approved by your doctor.
- Pain medicine keeps your pain under control.
- You've received instructions on how to care for yourself at home.
Be sure you know who to call for questions after going home.
Next page: Recovering from Surgery At Home