Day of Surgery
After the Operation
- Your doctor will talk to family/friends (if present) in the waiting room. Please remain available.
- You may be able to eat and drink after surgery, depending on the type of surgery done.
- Vital signs and surgical site are checked.
- Cough and breathe deeply.
- Simple foot-leg exercises help your blood flow.
- Compression stockings or foot pump may be used.
- You may have a urinary catheter to help you urinate.
- Your nurse will work with you to control your pain or discomfort.
Next page: Hospital Care for Overnight Patients