Section 504 Notice of Program Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities
Central Washington Hospital and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and useable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or have other sensory impairments. Access features include:
- Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons.
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings.
- Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all other floors.
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient areas.
- A full range of assistive and communicate aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- A twenty-four hour (24) telecommunication device (TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTY/TDD) units, for persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired.
- Readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired.
- Flash cards, alphabet boards and other communication boards.
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills.
If you require any of the aids listed above, please let the unit secretary or your nurse know.