Healthy Living with Diabetes Program
The Healthy Living with Diabetes program helps people with diabetes manage their disease, prevent complications and live well through education and support. The program provides diabetes education classes, support groups, and individual diabetes and nutrition counseling given by a Certified Diabetes Educator/Nurse Practitioner and a Registered Dietitian. Programs are included for both inpatients and outpatients in North Central Washington.
The Healthy Living with Diabetes program fosters a positive culture change in identifying patients with Diabetes or Hyperglycemia. We help diabetics manage their blood glucose and support their diabetic care needs. Our team works together to:
- Develop a customized treatment plan.
- Decrease the risk of diabetic complications, both short and long term.
- Educate patients and staff on survival skills for the inpatient.
- Educate patients and staff on self-management skills for the outpatient.
- Collaborate with community diabetes educators for the outpatient needs of the patient.
Click one of the links on the left-hand menu to learn more about our diabetes program.