Ordering a Blood Transfusion
Blood transfusions are ordered through the Transfuse Blood Product Orderset.
- From the Power Chart Order screen click Add to open the Add Order dialog box.
- Use the Find field to search for Transfuse. The Transfuse Blood Product Orderset will appear in the search results.
- Click once on the Orderset title, and click the Done button. The plan will be added to the order profile.
The Orderset contains Notes to help guide your transfusion selections.
- Select the desired orders by checking the boxes. Remember to order both the blood product order (for the Lab) AND the Transfuse Blood Product order (for Nursing).
- Click the ellipsis button to select an order sentence. Orders can be modified before signing.
Modifying Order Details
- Right-click to modify the planned order.
- The Details window opens to enter modifications. Free-text order comments can be added in this field at this time.
Complete the Order
- Click Initiate for the order to be active and effective immediately.
- When you finish selecting orders and modifying orders details, click Orders for Signature.
- You may be prompted to complete any missing details.
- Sign the Orderset by clicking the Sign button.