Documentation Tab: Folder types
This document covers setting the document folder available in the documentation tab, and the default document type. Select the correct folders.
NOTE: Questions regarding which folder lists to select should be directed to HIM (Medical Records).
Open the Documentation tab. Click on the Documents drop-down menu, and select Options.
Default Documentation Folder Types:
- From the All Available Document Types column on the left, select and highlight the document types you create. Click the single arrow > to move the item to the right hand column, Personal Document Type List. Repeat as needed.
- When complete, click OK.
- To select the Personal Document Type List, add a new document. Right-click in the *Type box. Select Document Type List, and Personal.
- When a document is created in the Documentation tab, the drop-down filter menu of *Type: will now display the selected documents.
- To select a folder type not on the personal document list, right-click in the *Type box, select Document Type List and Complete. This will allow selection from the complete folder type list.
Default Document Type:
- When you create a new document using the Add button, you can set the type of document you most frequently create to be your default.
- Under Default Document Type, select the type of note you most frequently use.
- When a new document is created, Physician Progress Note will be the default note type. A different note type can be always be selected, if needed.