Creating Patient Lists
Two common patient lists for providers include Provider Group List and Location List.
To create a patient list:
- Click on Patient List button.
- Click on the List Maintenance icon.
- Click on the New button.
Creating a Provider Group List
In the following example, a Provider Group list will be created.
In the patient list type box, click Provider Group then click the Next button.
- Choose the deisred provider group from the list of radio buttons.
- NOTE: The name of the list defaults, but you can edit it if desired.
- Click the Next button.
- The Filter Status and Type window displays. If you do not select any filters, your list will display every patient who has an encounter entered in eCentral.
- In most cases you will want to filter your list by selecting the Status ‘not discharged’ and by Type, selecting ‘inpatient’, ‘emergency room’, ‘ambulatory procedure’ and ‘observation’.
- Click Finish after selecting filters.
- To move your list to the active lists, click on your list name to select your list, and click the blue arrow, then click OK.
A Provider Group List will include all of the patients that are registered to the provider group as the attending or admitting physician, and any patient whose chart has been accessed by a provider group member.
Creating a Location List
Location lists will display all patients included in the census on a particular unit.
- To begin building a location patient list, click on the List Maintenance icon.
- Click New.
- Select Location and click the Next button.
- Click on the + symbol next to Central Washington Hospital to expand the list of locations.
- To view the Departments within the hospital, click on the + next to Hospital.
- Scroll down to select the desired department location within the hospital. Click Next to apply filters.
- Select the appropriate filters. In most cases, you will need to select not discharged, inpatient, emergency room, ambulatory procedure, and observation. Click Finish after selecting filters.
- To move your list to the active lists, click on your list name to select your list, and click the blue arrow, then click OK. This will save changes and return you to the patient list.